Microwaves are essential kitchen appliances that help you reheat, grill and even bake quickly and efficiently. With innovative functions that allow you to evenly heat and brow, you can create your favorite dishes in almost no time.
Here’s a quick buying guide to help you identify the key features you would like to see in your next microwave to support your cooking lifestyle.
Before you start to compare different models and features, decide where you want to install your new microwave.
1) Built-in Microwave: Surrounded by cabinetry or built into a wall, it is ideal if you are looking to free up countertop space and create an integrated ambience. Check Linärie’s Calvi 20L LJMO20XBI, Bastia 25L LJMO25GXBI, and Vecchio 30L LJMO30GXBI.
2) Benchtop Microwave: Price and easy installation are appealing. Just plug into the dedicated outlet and make the best out of it. A stainless-steel finish is common and offered across Linärie’s portfolio and Porto LJMO30CX comes with the popular convection feature.
3) Over The Range Microwave: Freeing up counter space, over-the-range microwaves also feature ventilation systems that take the place of traditional range hood; although it may not work as effectively. Over-the-range microwave is mounted on the wall and may require professional installation.
|TIP: If you’re choosing a new microwave as part of a kitchen remodel, consider coordinating it with other kitchen appliances from Linärie: including built-in oven, downdraft and island rangehood, ceramic and induction cooktops.|
Once you know what style will best fit your kitchen, then it is time to decide what type and features you want to have in your next microwave so that it supports with cooking lifestyle. There are three types of microwaves available in the market: Solo, Conventional/Grill, or Convection.
1) Solo Microwave are entry-level models known to be fast and efficient because it converts energy into microwaves that reheat or cook the food. It is limited to basic features and cannot defrost, grill or bake.
2) Conventional (Grill) Microwave is known to be fast and efficient because it converts energy into microwaves that reheat, defrost or cook the food—for example, making popcorn, reheating or cooking pasta or rice, warming water or milk, or defrosting meat. It generally comes with additional grilling accessories which are suitable to grill meat or veggies. Depending the size capacity, it comes with a Turntable or flatbed (FlatWave Technology), which potentialize heat circulation for faster and even cooking, and has a variety of pre-set menu functions for quick and ease of use.
3) Convection Microwave is growing in popularity and known as microwave oven because it combines the best of microwave and convection oven providing a variety of features—from heating to oven baking, browning, crisping and broiling. The heating element and fan assist in optimizing air circulation around food for faster and even cooking.
|TIP: While a microwave oven is great for uniform reheating, cooking and defrosting, a convection microwave is great for grilling, baking, roasting, browning and crisping foods.|
CAVITY: Turnable vs Flatbed (FlatWave Technology)
1) Turntable is traditionally seen in most microwaves and it keeps food moving for uniform heating, reducing the effect of the hot and cold spots created by the interference of microwaves.
2) Flatbed or Linärie’s FlatWave Technology combined with TidalWave Technology in the cavity, seamlessly distributes heat throughout the entire oven for the best cooking results.
|*Bonus: The flatbed design allows you to effortlessly remove grease or oil from surfaces and protect against scratches that occur from daily use.|
POPULAR MICROWAVE FEATURES YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON
Wondering what key features that really make difference when it comes to microwave functionality? Below you will find popular features to help you identify which ones fit for your needs:
• Wattage Power: Represents the power of your microwave and impacts how quickly and evenly food cooks: the higher the voltage the more efficient and quicker your food preparation will be. If you require basic features for food preparation for one or two people, medium power should be enough. If you need microwave to help you prepare heavy dishes or in bulk, you may want to consider more power.*Make sure your current wiring meets the wattage and amp requirements of the oven you choose.
• Quick Keys: 1-minute or 30-second key requires just a tap to extend the preset cooking time, maintain whichever power level that you selected. This feature allows for quick adjustments to your pre-existing settings without interruption.
• Auto Menu: They take the guesswork out of cooking popular foods such as popcorn and frozen vegetables. You can easily select from the Auto Menu to cook your favorite dish.
• Defrost: A popular feature that heats frozen food to help you expedite your cooking time
• Grill Cooking: The heat generated in the microwave is brought to the surface of the plate so that you can enjoy crispy food in minutes as the grill function crisps your food on the outside without drying inside
• Combi Cooking: Providing a combination of cooking capabilities which can include features like grilling, steaming and baking, which is great if you love to cook and want everything in one appliance.
• Convection Cooking: The convection cooking transforms your microwave into a convection oven, which uses a heating element and a fan to evenly distribute heat throughout the appliance.
** A convection oven heats the food from the outside to higher temperatures than a microwave oven.
• Pre-set Timer: This feature allows you to configure the cooking duration of your favorite dishes.
• Child Safety Lock: Specially if there are children in the house, a lock function prevents children form opening the door of the microwave.
• Accessories / Racks: These organize your cooking space so you can warm more food at once.
• Easy to Clean: Interior coatings make cleanup easy. Simply wipe plastic interiors with a damp cloth. Stainless steel interiors also wipe clean and won’t absorb odors.
|Bottom Line: Microwave are essential in every kitchen to make our cooking routine easier and faster. We love being able to not only reheat the food, but also conveniently and quickly baking a pizza and meat on a day where time is a luxury. For you, keep in mind the key features that complement your lifestyle and fits in your kitchen design.|
Download the User Manual & SpecSheet HERE
This article aims to answer your questions about microwaves. You can buy latest built-in and benchtop microwaves on Linärie Appliances. We provide eye-catching aesthetics with high-performance rangehoods and cooktops with 30-month warranty and various appliances to elevate your kitchen.
Looking to Speak with our Product Expert?
Pick a suitable time HERE for our product expert to give you a ring.
30-Month Manufacturer's Warranty
A 24-month parts and labour Manufacturer's warranty is included, giving you that extra peace of mind. Extend your warranty to 30-month when you register your product HERE.
About Linärie Appliances
Powered by innovative technology that combines premium quality with affordability, Linärie Appliances seamlessly integrates cutting-edge technology and French-inspired elegant designs, to elevate comfort in your kitchen and transform your cooking experience into memorable moments. Delivering anywhere in Äustralia.
- Tags: Microwave